Unknown error 18

This topic is 4850 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a client who reported an error message saying 'Unknown error 18'. When he tried to find another record the list kept coming up with the same 3 records he had before he went into the find.

The error message actually appeared twice every time he tried to do anything.

It works on other machines. He re-started and the error kept coming up, but when he re-started a second time the error had vanished.

Does anyone know what this error is and/or has anyone encountered it before?

FileMaker doesn't have an error code 18 (version 6 and before) but, Window's does. The discription that I find for it is: "There are no more files." Hey, who wrote that one, Apple?

HTH

Lee

• 3 months later...

Heckate,

I am having users come forward with this same error & behavior. Did you ever find a solution for this? It is very strange behavior.

We didn't know what could be causing it. We thought it may have something to do with the cache so in most of our scripts we put an extra step of flush cache disk. Not sure if that will correct the issue or not but we will see.

THanks,

John

• 5 years later...

HI all

we are encountering the same problem when running FileMaker on a Citrix environment. Users who are heavily using the database, get this error after a while.

Does anyone know what this error means? I tried the flush cache to disk, but it does not seem to help.

thanks in advance

Andries

This topic is 4850 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.