Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Finding Most Recent Date

This topic is 7008 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello,

I have searched for an answer to my problem in the archives, but haven't quite found a solution, or else I just can't see it.

I need to find the most recent contact date for a given Client and generate a warning if they haven't been contacted in more than 30 days.

For example, ClientA was contacted 9/1/2004, 10/1/2004, and 11/1/2004, but not since. I need to grab the 11/1/2004 to use for the warning calculation and have a "Client hasn't been contacted in 30 or more days" warning show up on the client's record. Each contact is a separate record and I need to do this across all of the clients. Am I posting in the wrong place and this is really a scripting question? Should I be using a relationship? I tried using a self join, but couldn't make that work either. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm feeling thick-headed.

Elizabeth

Thanks so much, Transpower. I knew there had to be a way using a function. I tried using Max(Contact_Date), but didn't know about Last(). Now I just have to figure out a way to make sure those records stay sorted. I guess I could add a sort to the opening script. Again, thanks very much!

You don't need a script.

In the Clients table, create a calculation field (result Text) =

Case (

Get ( CurrentDate ) > Contacts::Date + 30 ;

"Client hasn't been contacted in 30 or more days."

)

Make sure the relationship to Contacts is defined as sorted by Date, descending.

(If you prefer to see the contacts in ascending order, define that in the portal setup.)

This topic is 7008 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.