Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Printing from specified portal rows

fbugeja

This topic is 6995 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am a teacher in the process of creating a database for staff use. The database contains a number of portals. In one portal, I have included a print button which shows in every portal row. I had hoped that the print button would use the field data in that portal row and use it in a letter to be printed out. Alas, it is not working as it appears that only data from the first portal row is being used.

Simply, how do I ensure that, if I click the print button in the 4th portal row, the field data in that row gets used in the letter, and not the field data in the first portal row?

Many thanks!

Frank

The portal has a number of fields. I would like the contents of those fields to be included in a letter. By including a print button in each portal row, I was hoping to use the field data in that portal row in a letter that would be printed after I click the print button connected to that portal row. At the moment, regardless of what portal row print button I click, only the field contents of the first portal row are used - not what I want (unless I want to print from that row).

Hope this helps.

This is the print script attached to the portal row buttons

If [ IsEmpty ( Zero Award::Date ) ]

Show Custom Dialog [ Title: "Reminder"; Message: "There are no details for a Zero Award Letter to be printed out"; Buttons: "OK" ]

Exit Script

End If

New Window [ Name: "LetterZeroAward"; Height: 800; Width: 675 ]

Go to Related Record [ From table: "Zero Award"; Using layout: "Zero_AT0N Letter" (Zero Award) ] [ Show only related records ]

Perform Script [ "PreviewPrint" ]

Close Window [ Current Window ]

Adjust Window [ Maximize ]

Enter Browse Mode

This is the PreviewPrint script

Allow User Abort [ Off ]

Set Error Capture [ On ]

Print Setup [ Orientation: Portrait; Paper size: 8.26" x 11.69" ] [ Restore; No dialog ]

Enter Preview Mode [ Pause ]

Print [ ]

Enter Browse Mode

Frank

Your new window step is the problem. You've lost focus on the portal row at that point. Instead, you should be using the the GTRR with show in new window turned on.

This topic is 6995 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.