Custom Function Help!

This topic is 6948 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I didn't get any responses to my previous post to correct this, so maybe someone could help me create one from the ground up.

Have 6 phone number fields. I have 6 corresponding Priority fields. If I have, for example, Mobile Phone set to 1, and my client says I should call them on the home phone, I want to set the Home Phone Priority to one, and have all of the other priority fields update. Mobile would become 2 in this case, and the rest of the priority fields would adjust accordingly. So if Home Phone was 3, whatever was 2 previously would become 3, and the last 3 fields wouldn

• 3 weeks later...

IMHO, a calculation cannot work here. For simplicity, let's consider two priority fields only, Home and Work. Home is supposed to change to 2, when user inputs 1 into Work, and conversely, Work is supposed to change to 2, when user inputs 1 into Home. This is circular dependency.

This can be achieved by scripting the process - where the script can be told which field triggered the process.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the tips guys! I've almsot got it worked out. I'm unsure of how to make it work for all the fields. It works for some of the fields perfectly, others don't. It has to do with the order the function looks at the field in.

If you have any other ideas, I'm open to attempting anything!

Thanks again!

This topic is 6948 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.