Probably an easy question...

This topic is 6954 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Okay, so I downloaded the Productive Computing File Manipulator plug-in. I thought that I would be able to use a plug-in from a script, using the External function to access the plug-in. When I went to write my script, though, I discovered that "External" isn't a script step. (d-oh.gif) So, you have to use it in a calculation somehow?

What I want to do is this: take the contents of a field and, when the button is clicked, have the script create a new subfolder using the contents of the field as the name. How do I call the plug-in from the script, then? I thought maybe "Insert Calculated Result" might allow me to do it, but what is the step going to insert into, if no target field is specified?

Confooozled,

Jeff

I think I understand what your saying, but I could also be way off, so If i am, just let me know.

"External" Isn't a script step

Of course it is, but it doesn't work like you think it does. Create a global Variable, anything, gVar1 if you want. Now, in your script where you want to create your folder do this.

SetField[Table1:gVar1; External Function]

You set thte Table1:gVar1 witht he first (Specify) Button, and the External funciton with the second one.

This will do what your wanting. The reason it has to work this way, is because if the external plug in is successfull in creating your folder, gVar1 will have a 0 in it, if not, you will get a random error in there "$$-35" or something.

This topic is 6954 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.