Calculation not working

This topic is 6949 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I've made a calculation field as follows:

CountFIELD (a summary field that's a count of a text field)/TotRecords

where TotRecords is a calculation field = Status(CurrentRecordCount)

In a subsummary on FIELD, CountFIELD returns accurate data and TotRecords returns accurate data, but the calculation CountFIELD/TotRecords does not, returning 98.5 each time.

Is there a way to make this calculation work? Or is there a workaround to get the same data in a different way?

THANKS in advance for your help.

Rather than tell us what you've done, tell us what you are trying to achieve.

I can't work out what you are tyring to do.

I am assuming that 98.5 is the answer formatted as a percentage, So this represents the percentage of records that have a non-zero entry in your text field? As vaughan says, without more details it is hard to help, but I suggest that the first thing you do is ensure that all of these field sit in the same part on your summary layout and then check their values.

Vaughan and SlimJim

Thank you for your kind replies. What I'm trying to do is get a percentage of each entry in a text field.

For example, I've get a field where people select their interests, using radio buttons, e.g., art, music, fitness.

I need the percentage of entries marked art, the percentage marked music, etc.

So far, I've gotten to the point where I can get the count of people who have selected their interests CountINTEREST - the summary field that's a count of INTEREST. But when I try to divide it by TotalRecords (as defined above), in order to get the percentage, the answers all come out the same. I don't understand why.

This topic is 6949 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.