Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Set Fields with Indirection [Finished-8 Advance]

This topic is 6812 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Description: Ok I stumbled across this concept, not sure the implication but none the less enjoy :

With a script I am able to set fields indirectly using the variables, let & evaluate.

Working Under: 8 Advance

Solution Status: Finished

Pre-requisites:

Author(s): Ocean West

Date: 09/02/05

Credits:

Instructions / Other Info:

FIELDS

=======

ModifyStamp[tab]timestamp[tab]modification timestamp

RecID[tab][tab]Text[tab]Auto-Enter Serial

FIeldA[tab][tab]Text[tab]Auto-Enter Calculation, Replace Existing Value, Evaluate Always "Evaluate ( Quote($$a) ; RecID)"

FIeldB[tab][tab]Text[tab]Auto-Enter Calculation, Replace Existing Value, Evaluate Always "Evaluate ( Quote($$: ; RecID)"

FIeldC[tab][tab]Text[tab]Auto-Enter Calculation, Replace Existing Value, Evaluate Always "Evaluate ( Quote($$c) ; RecID)"

SCRIPT

=======

Set Indirection

Set Variable [$set;Value: Let([$$a = Indirection::FieldB;$$b = Seconds ( Get ( CurrentTimeStamp ) ); $$c = DayName ( Get ( CurrentDate ) )];0)

Set Field [indirection::RecID; Indirection::RecID;]

Commit Records/Requests [skip Data entry validation; No Dialog]

Set Variable [$clear;Value: Let([$$a = "";$$b = ""; $$c = "";0)

Set the variables w/ the let statement and setting the RecID to itself forces the fields to relookup the data contained in the $$variable. Clearing the variables ensures the fields are blank when creating a new record.

My simple script here is setting FieldA to the contents of FieldB, FieldB is set to the current seconds, And FieldC is Today's Name.

But any other logic could be substituted.

Disclaimer:

FM Forums does not endorse or warrantee these files are fit for any particular purpose. Do not post or distribute files without written approval from the copyright owner. All files are deemed public domain unless otherwise indictated. Please backup every file that you intend to modify.

Indirection.fp7.zip

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.