Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Status function not working?

This topic is 8590 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Filemaker Help defines the following function:

"Status (CurrentRepetitionNumber)

Returns a number representing the current (active) iteration of a repeating field."

I have an indexed repeating text field called Product Name.

I have a calculated field beneath it:

Status (CurrentRepetitionNumber)

When I place the cursor in repetiton X of Product Name, I expect the calculated field beneath it to display X, but instead it always displays zero.

Am I missunderstanding this function or how it is used?

GetRepetition( Product Name , Status(CurrentRepetitionNumber))

Charper,

Instead of getting the value via a calculation field try to do it with a script, when you place the cursor in a repetition you have to trigger this script:

set Field ["GetRepetition",Status( CurrentRepetitionNumber)] >>> GetRepetition is a field number.

Hope it work!,

ZZ laugh.gif

• 4 weeks later...

quote:

Originally posted by MSHEV:

Hi

I know the status function works when scripting, but I need Status(FieldName) to work in field definitions, and it doesn't?

Does any one know why this doesn't work and if Filemaker has offered a fix?

thanx

maureen

Make sure the field is UNSTORED. Most likely this is the problem.

------------------

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Kurt Knippel

Senior Filemaker Developer

http://www.database-resources.com

mailto:[email protected]

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

I played around with it a little bit. With a calculation field "Rep#" set to Status(CurrentRepetition), unstored, calculate only when... check removed. I could get "Rep#" to update by clicking into the calculated field and then clicking into one of the repetitions, but it wouldn't update any other way. This was in FM 4.1. In FM 5.0, it wouldn't update "Rep#" at all. Seems as if this status function is only useful in a script. -bd

• Newbies

Hi

I know the status function works when scripting, but I need Status(FieldName) to work in field definitions, and it doesn't?

Does any one know why this doesn't work and if Filemaker has offered a fix?

thanx

maureen

• Newbies

This is what I found as well, not only with Status (CurrentRepetition) but with Status(Current FieldName) which is what I am trying to use!

Thank you for confirming, I was afraid it was just me.

tx

maureen

• 2 months later...
  • Newbies

quote:

Originally posted by LiveOak:

I played around with it a little bit. With a calculation field "Rep#" set to Status(CurrentRepetition), unstored, calculate only when... check removed. I could get "Rep#" to update by clicking into the calculated field and then clicking into one of the repetitions, but it wouldn't update any other way. This was in FM 4.1. In FM 5.0, it wouldn't update "Rep#" at all. Seems as if this status function is only useful in a script. -bd

In both 4.1 and in 5.0 there is a very strange thing! If you swich between the FileMaker application and another windows (finder or other windows that cover the position of your calculated field) the field is updated! this beahvior occurs both on Macintosh and Windows. so strange, don't you think so?

This topic is 8590 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.