Holy PDF size batman

This topic is 6416 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

when you go to send as and then select .pdf there is a security option. choose that.

then choose password but do not enter a password and there is an area where you can change the pdf resolution to a lower setting.

this will reduce the size of the file greatly

• 2 weeks later...

I'm also seeing enormous PDF sizes...

I've seen posted on other forums that the problem is that FM is including entire font definition within the PDF (which is not bad in itself) but that it's actually including the entire font definition every time you have a text style change.

So "Hi Bob nice to See you" would end up with your font definition inserted 3 times in the PDF.

So, a possible work-around would be to try to make your entire document in a single font and limit the use of bold/underline/italic.

Anyone willing to experiment and report success/failure?

• Newbies

This won't fix it in FM but file size is critical to us and we send PDF's to our customers daily. We use PDF Compress, it can strip out all the font files, compress the graphics etc.. If you use the Basic 13 Adobe PDF fonts you can really crunch the file size. It's $27- and we swear by it for our business. http://www.metaobject.com/

• 3 weeks later...
  • Newbies

This DEFINITELY seems to be the case for me. A simple layout with some bolding on various items produced a 12MB file, simply changing all the text to Arial, plain text, dropped the file to 344K!!

Seems like FileMaker should be releasing a fix for this!

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This topic is 6416 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.