Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Scripted Select/Perform Field Value List

This topic is 6789 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Here is another one that has me baffled - Seems simple but doesn't work right on Mac (works fine on PC though)

I've got a simple "find" script that calls, up the layout and selects/performs a field. This field has a pop up menu - value list that automatically pops up when run on the PC, but won't do that on Mac using the same script.

All of the obvious field behaviour buttons have been double checked to make sure that Find Mode and Entire contents options have been selected (same for the script itself) Clicking on the field activates it but that really isn't the depth of automation that I need. I'm on Pro 8 Advanced. Any thoughts

Hi Blaze,

"selects/performs a field. This field has a pop up menu - "

Nope. I'm afraid you need popup lists for Macs. Script-fired popup menus only work well on Windows. If you wish to see how to make them work together, check out Popup Script Menu - NightWing Enterprises. This technique shows how to use both for x-plat use by stacking a popup list and popup menu both. The field stacking order, field-entry behavior and tab order all come into play. Once you've figured the specific sequence, read the script which fires it. It tests for platform and pops the correct one (adding a Go To Field[] script-step) when Windows needs it.

I admit I've only popped menus (on Windows). And I've heard some people have had problems making it work on Macs (in vs. 6) but I believe that, if the sequence and stacking are exact, it will work perfectly for both versions. CobaltSky doesn't produce garbage. I can't verify that it will still work on 7 (for Macs) but I CAN verify that it is well worth the effort - I've used the techniques learned from it in hundreds of situations. And I haven't heard that it WON'T work. :wink2:

Oh. And another demo also uses the technique - for scripted popup layout switching (in the same webpage section).

LaRetta

This topic is 6789 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.