Please verify this FMP8 bug for me

This topic is 6685 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I posted this earlier but have yet to get a response. I have a text field that stretches 7 pages on a layout. In FM7 I have no problem with this. In FMP8 there is a terrible delay between pressing a key on the keyboard and when the letter actually shows-up on the screen. Anyone else notice this problem? I have reported this to Filemaker but have yet to get a response. I have attached a sample file.

KeyDelay.zip

Hi Frink,

I tested and verified your issue. I am running Windows XP Pro SP2.

Create a new layout (Do not duplicate) and then put that field on the new layout. Resize it the your needs.

When I did this, typing works fine.

You might have a corrupt layout or something.

Good luck.

Thanks Earl and mr_Vodka for checking this out. Glad to hear the Mac doesn't have the issue (one more reason for me to think about switching!) But I'm afraid I tried your suggestion mr_vodka and as long as I keep the field to about 3 pages or less it is OK, but once it stretches to 5 or more it really has a very bad key delay. Did you stretch the field on the new layout you created down to 7 pages and test it?

Strange, yesterday it worked for me. Now it does not.

I guess we should report this to FileMaker since the problem does not happen in FM7.

Edited by Guest

Ok, thanks for verifying this bug in FMP8. I have reported it but if you don't mind could you also go here: http://www.filemaker.com/company/product/problems.html

and report the problem as well? Hopefully, they'll come out with a patch soon. I really neeed this function to work for me as it did in FM7.

Would this have anything to do with the SP1 or SP2 (whatever the heck that is) problem and XP. It seems you can't install v8 unless SP2 it is present, but some of the developers have been removing SP2 after the install?

I'm not a windows user, but it seem to me if the program wants certain things there in order to install, it is going need them there in the future for something??

Just a thought.

Lee

But SP2 only fiddles with the services that has to do with networking ...such as remote desktop. What the Filemaker installer does, is the opening of filemaker specific ports in the firewall which SP2 more or less is.

The reason why Photoshop makes troubles with a firewall is, that it behaves like a rat barrier in a covered (indoor) food marked ...if you unload some rats with a delivery on the inside will they provided they're enough breed behind the barrier. Photoshop CS makes their help system issue html messages that tickles enough to make SP2 go alert.

Microsoft will suspect troyan horses behaves exactly this way ...getting in under a pile of cabbage!!

--sd

This topic is 6685 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.