Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Scriptmaker and paragraph setting

This topic is 6719 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a script that add content to a field; something like this: set field [target field; target field & source field]

I'm looking for a way to use a different text format for the new content i'm adding. I don't have problems changing font, size, style, but i just don't know how to change the "paragraph" setting with the script.

This is a printing form, it's a text field with a set field of every related information I have in my DB. What I want to do is add content with different margins to a field while keeping what is already in the field the way it is. Basically, i'll have a part of the content with 0.20cm margin, and another part with 1.00cm.

How can i do that? Is this possible? Is there a way to have 2 different paragraph settings for one field?

Thanks

No, this is not possible in a single field.

When you use one of the Text formatting functions, you are adding styling information to the text itself.

IOW, you are modifying your DATA.

Filemaker does not support paragraph styles as part of the stored data. So all paragraphs in a field take on the paragraph style as defined for the particular field instance on the layout.

You CAN do this with two or more merge fields in a single text object - see attached.

Untitled.fp7.zip

That's very interesting and usefull.... Thanks

I have a question though: is it possible to do a conditional merge field? or to define a merge field in a script?

Sometimes i want info in a particular field to be included, and sometimes i don't (even if there is info in the said field).

Thanks

This topic is 6719 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.