Genuine getURL script weirdness...

This topic is 6696 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I have spent a total of about 8 hours trying to troubleshoot why a simple getURL command to open a remotely hosted Filemaker database when executed from within an idle loop will not function.

What makes this so weird is that the same looping script functions perfectly with another database on the same host, and if I excerpt the script and run it as it's own script or applet, it works fine. I build the URL from variables and in the Event Log, the last event executed by the script that fails is the exact same syntax as the script outside the idle loop that works.

Does anyone have any idea why this might be happening?

Any direction on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks. Here's the syntax:

set db2use to "eSys"

tell application "FileMaker Pro 7"

if exists document db2use = false then

getURL "FMP7://192.168.0.50/" & db2use & ".fp7"

end if

end tell

• Newbies

That's just it. If I pull the script out of the idle loop, it does work. I definitely have permissions and have tried it with and without the username:password in the getURL command. It works fine both ways (I've saved the password in the Keychain locally) when outside the idle loop. I've tried everything and just cannot work out what might be different about that database and how the call is made in and out of the loop.

That and the fact that the script functions exactly as expected for the other databases is what is making me crazy...

Thanks for the feedback.

Since you didn't post the full source of the script, is there any point between logging into the first db, and logging into the second db that might throw an error? Something that might cause the second login to get skipped..

This topic is 6696 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.