Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Splash Screen

NotPro

This topic is 6552 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• 3 weeks later...

I sure would be interested in HOW. This has been a bone of contention since the thing became permanent in version 5 (or was it 4).

AFAIK, you are stuck with it as it is. Someone please prove me wrong, and post a workaround.

Lee

I'm supposing that one can't remove the splash screen because FileMaker has to have their name in the program runtime SOMEwhere. However, the big graphic can be changed to whatever one desires. This is done when creating the runtime in Pro Advanced.

Came across this :P-

http://www.kiosk2win.com/

This has the ability to create a kiosk moded runtime with wraparound gui that still alows users to use windows environment and remove the filemaker splash, not sure which versions it works with. would love for them to release a remove splash screen only though

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

To get around this create a splash screen and turn it into a exe file. (on Windows xp I use Tin Splash its free)

On your closing script have filemaker open the splash screen and make sure bring app to front is selected. As long as your splash screen is larger than the filemaker splash it will simply be covered up.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Newbies

I can e-mail you a fix that eliminates the nasty "made with filemaker" thing at the end of the runtime exit. Do you want it to also not show the "..portions of this software..." text?

I can get you one that only shows your splash graphic, or your splash and the "...portions of..." underneath...

For FMPRO Advanced 8v3...

This topic is 6552 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.