Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Problem Switching to Other Solutions

grantwood

This topic is 6648 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello,

I must be overlooking something, but I'm about to distribute a solution that involves custom menus. If a user is currently using my solution, and then wishes to switch to another solution running on his/her computer, how can he/she do that?

I just realized that I can add a [Window] custom menu, but I can't customize its contents. I'm hesitant to enable the Show Window menu item because I really don't want users aware of hidden files in my solution (the hidden files just have benign layouts, so they really can't mess with them, but I'd rather they didn't even know about them).

Am I stuck using the [Window] custom menu?

Regards,

Sean Mills

If you want a script under a 'Window' menu item that calls opening the other party's application, you can remove the default [Window] item from your custom munu.

Then to create a new menu item labeled 'Window'. You should then have a Window item with only the one item to run the script.

I think this is what you wanted correct?

Hi mr_vodka,

Yes, that's what I was looking for, but I won't know the names of the other parties' applications in advance.

Is there a way to get a list of *all* the non-hidden windows currently open? In FMP8 there is a Get (WindowVisble) function, so I was thinking of using that in conjunction with the WindowNames function, but I'm not sure how to use the Get (WindowVisible) function.

Would I have to select a window first and then call the Get function? That would defeat the purpose because selecting a window makes it visible.

Regards,

Sean Mills

This topic is 6648 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.