Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Invalid Path Msg in Stand-Alone App, under Windows 98

This topic is 6591 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

We developed and started selling a FM Dev6 stand-alone runtime application. A few fields, in the database, are picture containers. A customer runs our app under Windows 98.

When she wants to insert a picture (by right-clicking inside the picture box), she goes to C:My Documentsfolder_name_here to get her JPEG file, but always gets an error message: "C:Program Filesour_app_path_hereher_folder_name_here is an invalid path". The FM runtime app seems to try to append the customer's folder name to its app path instead of getting the file into the full path given by my customer.

This is the first time a user reports this bug, I just cannot reproduce it under Windows XP.

Here is what I have tried so far:

1) I had her go to the "Insert Picture" dialog box, then go to the Desktop, and then selecting her C: drive, her "My Documents" folders and her folder, hoping the runtime app would remember the full path. Still the same error message.

2) I had her change the shortcut's properties and delete the "Start in" data, still no luck.

Any idea?

Thank you in advance.

Anne

Yeah. Troi file plug-in in Fm5/6 is the only thing I found that works under Win98, and you need the developer license to bundle it with the solution. I popped for the $500 and only had 1 customer use it so far. sigh.

• 4 weeks later...

This topic is 6591 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.