pop window and pause script

This topic is 6573 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I want to have a window pop up and be locked until the user clicks a "close button". I can create a script that allows user abort (off), opens the window and pauses indefinitely until the user clicks resume script, then I have it close the window. This works fine if the user just does data entry and hits a button that resumes script/closes window. However, there are times when I want the user to execute a script on that layout will the initial script is being paused. I tried incorporating the sub-script into the original window opening script but there is no good way to get this to work. The problem I am having is that the "resume" script step doesn't allow you to pass a parameter so the script doesn't know whether to close or execute a different script command. I am approaching this wrong??

I really want the ability to freeze the window so the user can't leave the pop window without hitting a button. Any help would be appreciated!

If the script is paused and the user has more than one button choice on a layout, there is no way to capture which button choice should be activated next in the script without passing a parameter. Since the resume script step doesn't allow for that, I don't see any way to get around it.

This topic is 6573 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.