Constrain found set

This topic is 6554 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

This should be simple but I am not sure which direction to take.

[color:green]Alittle background - Working attorneys work on matters that are orginated from another attorney and matters that they are the originator; working attorney = WA, orginating attorney = OA

I need to omit a few sets of criteria from a find set.

I first search for the working attorney(WA) and for the pay period[color:green](this is user specified)

I then omit records that have already been paid

Then omit records that have not been entered for posting([color:green]this is all done by the script)

- This all works fine.

What I need is to then [color:red]omit records where the working attorney"WA" is also the originating attorney"OA"

[color:green]- Meaning if they enter in their initials to find all matter they have worked on, I want to find all the matters they have worked on other then the ones where they are the "OA"

This is where I am having trouble since I don't know how to omit a WA=OA within the specify find requests dialog box.

Would I just type in "=TimeEntry::WA"

Thanks in advance!

If I understand your setup correctly, you could either loop through the found set and omit records where WA = OA or you could create a calculation field equal to WA = OA and add omit criteria where its value is 1.

Okay, assuming the criteria is entered into globals, then you could add a new find request and set OA with the global field, then Omit Record (or Constrain Found Set, if you are not performing all requests simultaneously). If it is not entered into globals, then you can set a global with the value of WA, add your other requests, and then add the OA request and Omit Record (or Constrain Found Set).

This topic is 6554 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.