AFFECT OTHER FIELDS BY CHECKING IN A VALUE LIST FIELD

kenneth2k1

This topic is 8248 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello, All!

I was wondering if it was possible to clear fields if a checkbox becomes unchecked.

For example, I have a value list attached to a field, and the field is formatted as a checkbox. One of my value list items is "Appointment Obtained" to report that an appointment has been set. Next to that item is a date field that I want the date of the appointment to be entered.

Here's my question: Once a box is checked and a date is entered, if it is unchecked is there a way to clear the date field?? Just in case the appointment has been cancelled, or something.

Any help is appreciated.

Ken

You would do this via scripting and multiple fields.

For instance you have the DateCheck field simply be a calculation = "If (IsEmpty ( DateField ), 0, 1). So that if the DateField has data in it, then the DateCheck is 1.

Set your value list to be 1. So that the box will be checked only when there is a date in the field. Then make the field non-enterable.

Now put a script attached to the checkbox field, that checks to see if the field is equal to 1, and if so it clears the DateField, if not is puts the user in the DateField.

This topic is 8248 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.