XML works, XSLT doesn't

This topic is 6511 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Have recently installed FM Server 8 Advanced, with the Web Publishing engine on the same machine, a G5 running OS X 10.4.6.

The web server works, and I can execute an XML query like this:

http://localhost/fmi/xml/fmresultset.xml?-db=approves&-lay=DigitalAdvertisers&-findany

This returns one record, which I expected, but it is not formatted in any way, which I also expected. I understand that I have to route the results through an XSLT stylesheet to get pretty formatting of the results, so I modified my query like this:

http://localhost/fmi/xsl/adresults.xsl?-grammar=fmresultset&-db=approves&-lay=DigitalAdvertisers&-findany

This matches EXACTLY the syntax Filemaker provides as examples in its web publishing guide, but instead of giving the desired result I get an error page. The error says:

An unexpected error has occurred

File: /fmi/xml/fmresultset.xml

Line:

Column:

Note: If a source file and line number are indicated, this is the location where the error was detected and not necessarily the exact location of the problem.

I can't figure this out at all. Can anyone help?

Cheers,

Robert

• 1 month later...

OK, So I'm the only one who cares about this problem since no one even offered a hint or sympathy. Here's the solution, in case anyone else runs into this problem again.

On the machine on which FMS8A is installed, turn off, uncheck or otherwise blank out the network preference that points to your network's proxy server. This means that machine won't be able to access the Internet to get updates so you'll have to download those on another machine and then copy them over.

Robert

This topic is 6511 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.