Where to start on web publishing

This topic is 6571 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have neve worked with HTML codes or web publishing. My client wants the databases I create on the web. Due to firewall issues, they are not able to access the databases remotely. I am in Nebraska and the client is in D.C. There will be at least 15-20 users or more needing these databases. What is the simple and cost effective way of approaching this matter? I looked in using Fxforge. Has anyone used this? And is it easy to use?

I think your first and most important decision is to choose the web technology you want to use: XSLT, PHP, ASP, Lasso, ...

Pick the one you're most comfortable with, taking into account what the majority of your potential clients would use and what your current client dictates (if anything).

There are solutions for all these technologies to work with FileMaker data.

I would highly recommend using FileMaker and Instant Web Publishing. I have tried what seems like everything and this is the easiest and most effective solution.

It has a few quirks like the speed is slow, the back button does not work, and you can't open multiple windows, but it is still the best option for ease of use and actually getting things done.

For the number of users you will have you might need to sign up with a remote hosting company or purchase the server software, that is if you feel there will be more than 5 users at the same time.

This topic is 6571 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.