Report by date

Divegeek

This topic is 6564 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a db where employees enter data which creates form letters. If I want to view a report in priview mode by the host computers date, how do I do that.

I have a feeling this is much simpler than I'm making it, thanks for the help

Find the records you want, Sort them, then Preview them. Do you know how to do all or any of those steps? Without more detail on what you're trying to accomplish it's hard to advise you much further.

FileMaker 7 and 8 have a Get function called Get(CurrentHostTimeStamp) which you'll need to use in an auto-enter calculation to place a timestamp from the host rather than the guest. You can grab just the date using a calculation field separately are within the auto-enter calculation:

Date(Month(Get(CurrentHostTimeStamp)); Day(Get(CurrentHostTimeStamp)); Year(Get(CurrentHostTimeStamp)))

Only new records will get the Host computers timestamp so you'll have to work with whatever date you currently have on the records such as auto-enter creation date.

Once you have this working, you need to create a subsummary report. Create a subsummary part sorted by the Host date field. You can add summary fields to count or total fields into the subsummary part and even add a grand summary part for grand totals of your summary fields. You can even add a body part if you want detail on each record. However, without more information about what information you want in the report, this is the best I can do.

BTW, subsummary reports need to be sorted by the break field (Host Date) and then previewed or printed. You can't view a subsummary report in browse mode.

Date(Month(Get(CurrentHostTimeStamp)); Day(Get(CurrentHostTimeStamp)); Year(Get(CurrentHostTimeStamp)))

I believe you could also use:

GetAsDate ( Get ( CurrentHostTimeStamp ) )

LaRetta :wink2:

This topic is 6564 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.