Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Script for Google or Mapquest Mapping

This topic is 6565 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi All. I not an expert in filemaker, yet not a beginner also but I have a quesiton for anyone who might be willing to answer.

I have a martketing database in which I generate reports based on the different types of criteria involved, such as total amount spent, top ranking products, so forth. Once this report is generated I see the page with the customer info relating to the criteria I just defined in the report. Is there a way to get a script to launch a google map of the customer address based on the search criteria of the report??

Alex

Alexsus,

Are you looking for a Google map that contains all of the addresses that appear on your report? For instance, lets say you are working for a police department and you have a database that tracks crime incidents. Now you want to produce a map that shows where each of thefts occurred during the past X months. Do I have your request characterized right? If yes then you won't find your answer in that other thread. That was all about finding a single address.

I have not done any multi-mapping myself but I seem to remember stumbling across some information on how to do it on Google's site. You might try looking there.

This topic is 6565 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.