Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Create a script to print multiple layouts

This topic is 6560 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi Everyone,

I'm new here so be gentle...I have created the script to print multiple layouts and loop through all my records. I have also scipted to perform a find before doing so but I can't seem to get the find step right. It prints all the records. Can someone help? What step am I missing?

Thanks...

:

Edit the Print script step. Check the Specify checkbox and then click the Specify button. The first drop down on the window that pops up is named Print:. There you can select print Records being browsed, Current record or a Blank record.

Hi Enthusiast,

Thank you for your help but that is not the problem. It prints records being browsed but its printing ALL records instead of the found set. Basically I need to print active contacts and I have a button for active. My first two steps reads as follows: Perform/Find Replace[No Dialogue; databasename::Active>1;Find Next]

Go to Record/Request/Page[databasename::Active>1]then Loop and the layouts I want printed. It starts from the first record and regardless if its tagged Active it will still print all. I have tried different variations but can't seem to get just the Active printed? Thank you for your time!

I'm not sure I'm reading this right.

Are you trying to select a group of active records (finding, say 17 records), which you then want to cycle through several layouts and print the 17 out?

Or, are you trying to do the select and then print out the same single layout information for all 17 records?

I think it's the first, but I am not certain. If it IS the first, you'll want to look at whether the layouts are built on the same table occurrence. If they are built on different TO's, I think you'll need to re-execute the find for each TO. A tip off here would be that the first layout prints the right stuff, but later ones do not.

Regardless, I am not sure about that loop; what do you mean by it? Are you trying to print the records in the current browse list? Then you don't need to loop through them; you just print once for the records being browsed.

Or are you looping through the layouts--and is that an FM8 thing? Because I've wanted to do that for a while now!

David

My first two steps reads as follows: [color:blue]Perform/Find Replace[No Dialogue; databasename::Active>1;Find Next]

Nope. You need the Perform Find[] script-step. Look at your script list under Found Sets. Perform/Find Replace is an editing step. :wink2:

LaRetta

This topic is 6560 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.