Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Pritner Forms Calculator

This topic is 6549 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am a printer, I need to create a calculation that will give me my printing forms. For example:

I can hold 16 pages on a form. If I had a 20 page book, I would need 1 full form and 1 form with the last 4 pages. I would print these pages 4 times on the same form because I have room for 16. We would call this 1 full 16 and 1 4up 4pg. My present calc is pages/16. I get 1.25. I need to isolate the 1 and the .25 so I can process them seperately. I also need a flag of some sort to tell me if I have a whole number or not so I can populate an additional field for the .25.

I need to isolate the 1 and the .25 so I can process them seperately.

Int ( field ) will give the whole number part of the field and

Mod ( field ; 1 ) will give the decimal part of the field.

Your process is not very clear, so give us a little more detail if you need this integrated into some sort of print script.

It seems you have a very good idea. So, now that I have my page count broken out correctly, can you help me with something else. Is there a simple way for me to take the resulting number and convert it to something a printer will understand. My results for a 20 page book are 1-16 and .25-16. How can I take the .25 or .5 and translate that into a 4up 4pg or a 2up 8pg?

No really, I only know what I read on that site. If I understand this correctly, the number of pages must be divisible by 4, therefore the remainder after dividing by 16 can only be 0, 4, 8 or 12. So perhaps something like:

Choose (

Div ( Mod ( Pages ; 16 ) ; 4 ) ;

"" ;

"4up 4pg" ;

"2up 8pg" ;

"12"

)

This topic is 6549 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.