unstored calculated fields accessed with fx.php

This topic is 6545 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a database layout with some unstored calculated fields that are referencing data from another file with some calculations applied to that data.

When I call these fields from PHP (for a record that I know has this data when looking at the layout), they have no value in them. Is this because they are unstored, or because they are based on a related file?

The problem is that it is not just a simple go get the value from the related field, it has some logic applied to it, otherwise I would either pull another record set using the key field between those tables or stick the related fields on the layout in FileMaker and pull them that way.

Any help would be appreciated.

• Newbies

Is it possible you are using 8.0v1 or 8.0v2? There were known problems with finding on unstored calcs with these versions. 8.0v1 failed completely on some unstored-calc searches, and 8.0v2 had very severe performance problems with these searches.

If you are not on 8.0v3, update and try again (and let us know)

kazar

Edited by Guest

I am running Server Advanced 8v3. I applied that the first day it was out hoping that it would improve performance in another area.

It is really strange. I can see the correct data on the layout inside FileMaker but it does not show up in the array that comes out. I have been trying to read anything that I can get my hands on, but everything I have read doesn't even mention anything special about this situation, so I am assuming that the normal behavior should be that the field would show up like any other field.

This topic is 6545 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.