Server Maintenance This Week. ×

entering records inside a portal

elysive

This topic is 6490 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I feel like I'm either clueless or having the worst luck.

I have this task that should be simple--entering orders for more than one month's of services in one statement/invoice.

Rather than using repetitions which are difficult to filter by (in my limited experience). I decided to make a related table using Order# and slap a portal in there.

On the layout, I have the business contact information, an Order# and some basic order specifications. In the portal, I want to specify the month of each item and some other descriptors. However, it is not allowing me to enter more than one item/record into the portal, even though I have room for 12 records.

Am I missing something? I enabled table view on the layout and the form is in list view. The Time Billing template in the FMP8 uses the same structure and it appears you don't need a script to add a record inside that portal. What am I doing wrong???

Thanks in advance for any help.

E

Edited by Guest

Sounds like the fields inside the portal do not belong to the relationship that the portal is defined for.

Also make sure that you have enabled record creation for the relationship. You can see this is in the relationships diagram, then select the relationship to interrogate.

• 1 month later...
  • Newbies

This was a wonderful bit of help. I was missing the relationship part where I have to allow new record creation. I never saw that in any of the searches I performed. I thought the solution was simple I just didn't know where the problem was.

Thanks

This topic is 6490 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.