This topic is 6534 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

There is also a sample file or two in the Sample file Topic Area that can Generate the Barcodes. Do a search for Barcode in the Sample Topic and you will ge a couple of good files.

Lee

If I read this correctly, the question is about inputting barcodes into Filemaker, not the other way round. AFAIK, a USB barcode scanner is just another input device. Like your keyboard. So if you place the cursor into a field and scan, the barcode will be "typed" into the field. Most likely, the field should be of type Text. For more, browse the Barcode section of the forum.

There are several ways to skin a cat, these files might have some benefit to poster, as not everyone has your vast skills and knowledge.

Lee

Edited by Guest

Hey now. Let's all be friends. All Lee was doing was pointing an inexperienced user to more information than he asked for. I think this is always a good idea. Yes, comment answered his question more directly than either Lee or myself. But, I think iNovice didn't really now exactly what to ask which is why I referred him to Barcodet and Lee referred him to other resources. When it comes down to it, we all helped him. Can't we all just get along?

I agree, John. And everyone has signed the Forum rules (which specifically address this issue). Example: It is one thing to say you disagree with an approach; it is another to call someone an idiot. That is known as a personal attack. Comment did nothing more than attempt to assist someone. So did Lee. I enjoyed both their posts. But that’s where it ended … when anyone crosses the line of the rules, I will speak up. Period. Your defense of the behavior is disheartening and reinforces exactly what we are attempting to eliminate.

When it comes down to it, we all helped him.

Precisely. And it should have stopped there...

This topic is 6534 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.