Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Disable Revert Record

This topic is 6534 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Is it possible is to disable the Revert Record Option when validating a field and the validation fails? I want only to allow the user to go back and correct the field and not Revert.

The reason I would like to do this is I had to setup to only save record by a record exit commit. The problem is when committing the record if one field is not valid and the user chooses to revert record option it will revert all changes in the record since last save. I tried doing Commit Records with the Skip Data Entry Validation but it still runs the validation (not sure why) if that would work I thought maybe I could do the script with two commit records: once skipping validation and right after it with validation (not sure if that would work since once the record is committed I'm not sure if it would validate it). So the simpler option is if I can just disable the Revert Record Option, and give the user only the option to correct the invalid field.

Thanks.

People often use auto enter calcs with red text formatting to show a user a field is in-valid vs. the somewhat annoying dialog's provided by filemaker.

I.e.

If(Validation Check Statement; TextColorAdd(yourfield; RGB(200;0;0) ) ; TextColorAdd(yourfield; RGB(0;0;0))) or just remove the color, up to you.

Thanks,

I have the validation in the field but if the user chooses not fix it then it validates again when I commit in the script. Then it looks at the whole record to revert not just the field. Even when I tried to control the validation in the script. I maybe missing something. If I can get it to just revert the field that would be fine.

OK I figured out why I'm having a problem with the Revert record: If I only changed the one field and that field is not valid it will give message to revert the field. If there were more changes to the record then even if the others are valid it tries to revert the whole record.

If it would always check the field before I exit this would not be a problem. But even though I thought I set it to do so it does not always give a message when still in the record

This topic is 6534 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.