Server Maintenance This Week. ×

WinXP Launch Explorer window from button

This topic is 6524 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a field that is a PATH to an image that is important to the record.

ie: L:datav01imagesequence_0001.jpg

What I would like is 3 buttons.

Button #1

This would open a file browser to select the image. This would be the same image that is displayed in a container for the record as well. So if we can minimize redundant mouse clicks and have it put the image in the container, as well as put the path and file name in the "SeqPath" field, that would be great.

Button #2

This second button would launch an imageviewer/ RAM player that would play the image sequence in its entirety. I assume this is simpler. This would essentially be, c:programfilesframecycler SeqPath+SeqFilename.

Button#3

The third button would be a button that opens up an explorer window to the containing folder that the image is in.

Any help would be appreciated.

Rikk! :)

button #1:

- you need a VBscript to do this. Check out the "solutions" forum for an example (browse for folder) example I've uploaded a few months ago (does not use a plugin). Also check out www.grokittools.com. The demo file for the VBscript plugin has a "Browse for file" example. Note that there is no trial version of the plugin

button #2:

See the other post I made today in this forum. You need the "Send Event" script step for this

button #3:

Similar; als use the Send Event script step: cmd /c explorer.exe "c:thepath"

This topic is 6524 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.