hide only certain fields in certain records

This topic is 8122 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Generally what I do is to create a relationship between the access field and a constant field. So that the relationship is only valid when the AllowAccess field is equal to the Constant field. You can then stick the field in a one row portal based upon this relationship.

This way only when the AllowAccess field is set can you see the field in question.

CaptK's method handles the visibility trick. Except if you show records based only on a constant, your portal will show all the records that relate to the constant. So somewhere in there you need a self-join based on the record ID. Also you want to take the current password into account, which means you have to set up Groups with passwords. E.g., make a relationship that relates the ID to a calc field like this:

Case(Status(CurrentGroups) = "LetMeSeeIt", ID, ConfidentialNumber != 99, ID, "")

Where 99 is the number that indicates it's confidential.

Hmmmm... you'll definitely need to do some testing with this. It's not exactly "bulletproof."

• Newbies

I need to hide one confidential field, but only in certain records. THese records are identified by a number which indicates they are confidential.

Depending on the password, most users would not be able to see this one field, but not in all records - only in records where the access number indicates it is confidential.

Is there a script I can implement that will hide this field ? Please help!

This topic is 8122 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.