Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Function Reference Chart

This topic is 5962 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

It's already destined to be a legend of DevCon 2006

The Function Reference Chart for FileMaker Pro.

Provided by FM Forums, FileMaker Magazine and FMPug

We are now taking orders for your very own wall posters.

These handsome posters are 27 x 39 inches double sided. You will receive two posters so you can hang them side by side.

Domestic orders click here.

International orders click here.

Quantities Limited... Orders will be processed at least once a week. International orders will take an additional day or so to process additional paperwork.

Paypal don't allow you to ship international ? I can make the payments but the shipping address always change to United States.

Welcome to the forums,

This function chart, will look fabulous when adorned on your office wall. It will brighten any room and invite inspiration and ingenuity as you will be surrounded with 200+ functions, short definition, and one or two examples.

You will be able to retire the ol' saying "out of sight - out of mind" as the sheer proximity to such resource will invoke your inner developer and compel you to read or review it daily.

You will be the envy of others, as your skills and talents grow. The true value of owning the function chart, can be measured by wisdom which is achieved by our application of the accurate knowledge.

Now that you accurately know the benefits of owning this function reference chart, your first test is to apply that knowledge and place an order today, making you a wise person in my book! :)

[color:gray][smallest] - your mileage may vary.[/smallest]

I have placed my order too and looking forward to had it in my room. No more Mr FM Dictionary on my face. : Enough of the bitching asking what is this and that. Thank god. My Nightmare is over.

Edited by Guest

update... ALL orders have been processed labeled and packaged.

There was a slight delay in shipping as we were waiting delivery of packing materials.

All orders (including all international orders) will be shipped out by end of business on Monday.

This process takes a little time to package/label/and schedule time to pickup and or drop off at the local post. Orders will be processed daily and shipping is at least ONCE a week.

We would like to thank you, for your order and understanding and patience as we ramp up our distribution efforts.

This is just a quick reference chart for shorten the time you need to flip thru the book.

Newbie should go with books before come to this. I suggest you grab one due to this is pretty limited in qty.

I am pleased to announce that FMPug members can now save $10 on the cost of the posters.

Just log into your personal homepage for the link.

And don't worry if you are not an FMPug member. You can join FMPug for $10 less once your poster arrives (thus saving you the cost of shipping) -- just look for the special coupon inside your poster. Membership available from $40 with coupon.

Group orders

Do you know other people in your area that would love to get their hands on one of these posters?

There truly is power in numbers -- the power to save on the shipping cost for one!

If you can get 3,6 or 10 or more of your closest FileMaker buddies together we can do a group delivery and save you all a little green.

This is great for user groups who would like to get these in front of their members. Let the group know about it at your next meeting...heck, send an email out right away asking for sign-ups.

Once you know the quantity get in touch with us either here at FMForums or at FMPug and we will let you know the cost for shipping in quantity.

p.s. - All new orders have been processed and orders received today ship tomorrow (international take 2 extra days).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Due to problems with the international orders (the USPS gave us boxes they said would be ok only to find out they were not!) we have just re-issued a lot of the international orders.

Sorry for any confusion and/or delay in receiving your posters.

They are definitely worth the wait so please bear with us.

If there are any other problems please contact me directly.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I ordered the Reference Chart and today I received garbage. Can anyone tell me where is the best place to leave a message about this problem? Does the seller have his own web site?

Thanks

Edited by Guest

Let me clearify my previous post. I have been in contact with Andy Gaunt about the problem. The Reference Chart is NOT garbage, the service provided by Mr. Gaunt is NOT garbage, however, the Post Office converted it into garbage...

Hi,

After emails with Mel we have added extra "security" on the packages to try and avoid any need for the USP to get "creative".

OK, we added some more tape around the boxes to prevent the glue from releasing but hey, you have to give us some points for "creativity"!

Mel was issued a new set of posters F.O.C. and all other posters now ship with the improved "security" protection!

As a follow-up to the Post Office saga. Today I received the replacement reference charts in pristine condition. Excellent reference charts and excellent service... From Andy, not the Post Office...

• 4 months later...

I just have to say that the function reference chart posters are fantastic and I refer to them all the time. . .although I did have to take down my Farrah Fawcett poster but I guess all good things must come to and end.

Dom

• 4 months later...

Your patience is almost paid off.

We are putting in the final updates to "The Everything Reference" that was an enormous hit at this past Developer Conference in August 07 and it will be available to purchase very soon.

So, get it in your xmas wish list.

• 2 months later...

It's Here!

The Everything Reference Book is now available to purchase from http://www.lulu.com/content/1840967

FMPug, the world wide member organization of FileMaker Pro developers and IS/IT supporters of FileMaker products, today announced the immediate availability of The Everything Reference which proved to be the big hit of DevCon 2007

It’s a concoction of books, reference manuals, guides, application help files and original work, distilled into a single convenient source. Staying true to its name, we believe this book will prove to be an “everything reference” and a useful addition to your information arsenal.

Available now in print for $44.99* and as a PDF for $18.75*

* FMPug members can save $15 on the printed version and $6 on the PDF version by logging into their member home page.

View the html ad at http://www.fmpug.com/newsletters/2008/theeverythingreference.html

This book was created following the enormous success of the FileMaker Functions & Reference Chart debuted at the 2006 FileMaker Developer’s Conference (DevCon). DevCon provided a spring board for the chart’s burgeoning success, quickly making it a sought after resource for FileMaker developers worldwide. While well-regarded for its content, the size of the chart was reported as rather cumbersome and lacked portability. It was true – the chart being poster size lent itself more to wallpaper than a desk reference. Rather than reproducing something that people could use to decorate their room, we decided instead to create a product that best met the needs of the community. The feedback proved invaluable, and ultimately lead us down the path of (vast) improvement.

“Lays flat on your desk so you don’t have to”

The format of this book was deliberated over almost as much as the content. Let’s face it, most “perfect bound” desk references aren’t very cooperative when it comes to staying put, some might say they have a mind of their own. One minute you’re reading page 233 and in a flash, the book has reverted to page 145, or has closed all together! It became imperative we create a very cooperative desk reference that promised to lay flat without a fight. Thus, the spiral format was voted-in and marked the end to the deliberation.

Though the new choice of formatting offered us the opportunity to expand on the content covered, but choosing the “right” content became paramount. The goal quickly became to create a readily accessible, indispensable little gem for FileMaker developers -- no matter their level of expertise. As a result, all the information was hand-picked, covering key topics that we as developers rely on each and everyday. It’s a concoction of books, reference manuals, guides, application help files and original work, distilled into a single convenient source. Staying true to its name, we believe this book will prove to be an “everything reference” and a useful addyour information arsenal.

About FMPug

Headquartered in Orlando, Florida - FMPug is fast becoming the world s leading resource for developers and users who utilize FileMaker in their day-to-day activities. Winner of the 2005 Mad Dog PR Award, the 2006 FileMaker Excellence Award and the 2007 FileMaker Excellence Award, FMPug has created one of the first truly virtual communities with FileMaker as its focus. Continually updating its benefit offerings to meet the ever-growing needs of its member base, FMPug prides itself on offering membership opportunities to anyone and everyone interested in FileMaker. FMPug is an eleven hundred member worldwide community of professional FileMaker Pro consulting developers, IT professionals who support the FileMaker Family of Products, and in-house developers and subject matter experts.

FMPug.com - A Developer's Best Friend

This topic is 5962 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.