need help figure how to do this with calc

This topic is 6525 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello,

i newbie when it come to calc. I have DB of Student which i track Attendance, how many they miss, how many hours they need to make up, hours made up already. I need to figure way to find out how many student need make up. let's say i have 24 students, out of those 24 how many need make up? i can tell how many hours they miss, and how many hours they need. i was thinking of using how many hours they need to figure out who need make up.

here is example

james smith,

Total hours miss: 21

Total hours made up: 7

Total hours Need:14

base on the hours need, how can i set up a calculation that will count those student who need make up.

i am running FM 6 on Mac os Tiger. any help would be appreciate it

thank you

victor

Hello- welcome to the forum!

If I am understanding this correctly (and I hope I am).... I would make the Total Hours Needed field a calculation and the calc would be:

Total hours missed - Total hours made up

Make sure the calc is unstored so it updates as the data changes....

Hope that helps

agtjazz,

thank for you help. that calc just me give a total of hours. i am looking for the total of student who need make up hours. Let's say, i have 20 student attending a class. i want to know, out of the 20 students how many need to do make up. i am looking for the count of student who need make up.

Thank you

victor

oh ok

Do a find on Total Hours Needed >0 and use Get (FoundCount) I actually have a housekeeping field in some of my transactional tables that is named TableA_foundcount... so I would make a button to do the find and display the foundcount

Does that point you in the direction you were looking for?

This topic is 6525 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.