Getting info from last record (not sure if this is posted in right area)

HPage

This topic is 6452 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi, I am not sure where to post this, so sorry if its wrong. I have a database that have a table for companies, and students. The Students have a portal (from another, third table) which shows what companies they have worked for, the last company on the list is the company they are currently working for. I now want to use the name of the current company they are working for in another layout (a list of students) How do I retrieve the last comapony the student worked for?(Remember that ALL the work history of ALL the students are in one table, but my relationship is set up that only the specific student's working history is displayed in the record) Any ideas?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks, I got it right! Only bad thing is that I have to use a button with a script to update each and every record (12000 records take a while) Would have been great if the field in the related table updated automatically, but atm this doesnt seem possible with Filemaker, am I right?

I have a field in my database so that it updates automatically- no script/button needed.

My field is in my job table (that is related to contracts table) and the field is named c_display_last_contract

jb:c_display_last_contract= Last (Contract::cn_apptperiod)

and it's unstored so it updates as contracts are added/deleted.

Hope that helps your situation

Have a nice day

This topic is 6452 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.