Self Join Portalame

iNovice

This topic is 6518 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm not sure this is the right terminology for what I'm trying to accomplish, but is a self join basically replicating a table occurance alowing me to relate to the same data in a different manner?

Anyway, I guess I'm trying to accomplish what I think would be a many to many relationship within the same table, or in other words I want to see an individual record in form view as I select it from a portal containing all the records within the same table and on the same layout.

Or is this doable?

You have the idea. Example: You have a Customer table being viewed in Form layout. On it, you place a portal of ALL customers (self-join called All Customers) which you have based upon cartesian join (X) so all customers relate. Attach a button to the All Customers portal row with:

Go To Related Record [ get related record from All Customers; using current layout ] ... and do NOT check any of the result options, you will jump (when clicking a row) directly to that customer's record (using the current main form layout to view it). If you wish to end up with a set (the same set that is in the portal) then specify results as: Show Only Related Records and Match All Records in Set.

This topic is 6518 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.