Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Accessing the FM XML API w/ Classic ASP???

This topic is 6418 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I work a lot with XML API's using Classic ASP where I simply use an HTTP POST to an API and parse the response accordingly. Is there a way to access FM's XML API in a similar way so that I can use that method instead of ODBC to grab data from it?

Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Ok, this seems kinda cool. This documentation isn't very good, though, unless I'm missing something. For instance, I see that I can use -dbnames to return a list of all Database Files being served. That works great. One of the files is called Products.

So, I try and use the example straight from the documentation to return all products: http://myserver.com/fmi/xml/fmresultset.xml?-db=Products&-findall

I'm getting Error Code 802 returned. The documentation says that means "Unable to Open File". No reason why, though.

I assume it's because there is a username/password attached to these database files...that's my guess anyway. thing is, I don't see anything in here about how to work with that.

Can you point me in the right direction again?

If you can move beyoned classic ASP to ASP.NET 2.0 then you can just use the open source fmDotNet class at www.fmdotnet.org

If you're stuck in regular ASP you could still use the fmdotnet source code somehow to recreate it in VBscript. Let me know if you need help.

Hey, yeah if you could help me figure out how to re-create that .NET thing so I could use it with Classic ASP that'd be cool.

I have been toying around with this quite a bit and I'm getting confusing results.

Please check this thread for info: http://fmforums.com/forum/showtopic.php?tid/181021/

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

This topic is 6418 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.