Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Hiding Tabs

This topic is 6126 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi, I have a native Filemaker tab set on on of my layouts. Using FM 8.5 and the GotoObjects, I have created a few buttons to go to the tab that I want it to go to. All this works fine.

But I want the tab to look hidden so I changed the font size of the tab itself to 1 pixel to shrink the size of the tab. When I put the buttons on the layout, I need them to go over teh tabs. I played with the arrangement of the object layers but still no good because whenever I go to click the button, if I click the button in the spot where whatever part of the tab that it covers is, then it activate to another tab.

I thought by putting the button or another object on top of the tab that it would cover up the access to it but I guess not. Is there anyway for me to cover up the access to this?

Thanks.

tabtest.zip

Thanks from me as well - neat idea

Shouldn't we let the accolades go to whom deserves them:

http://www.fmforums.com/forum/showuser.php?uid/17994/

...if it's his idea I can't tell, but his usual modesty points in that direction, however am I sure he's the one who taught me!

--sd

• 2 months later...

Why did wait 2 months to reply ? :hair:

Because, I do not appreciate having to run all over the Forum only to read a persons name, when you could have just as well told us the person's name without pointing to it.

Lee

• 6 months later...

Hi,

I've just received my copy of FM9 advanced and am trying to bring my files up to date (IOW remove as many of the 'kludges' as possible.)

Is this technique for running a script from a tab, still necessary with FM9?

I'm using the dummy tab on top.

This topic is 6126 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.