Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Counting records with certain values (value lists)

This topic is 6329 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm having a problem figuring out how to have my status indicator break down how many records are in "status a" and how many are in "status b" on a report. I'm trying to eliminate having to search all the time. I want to know everything at a glance. How hard would it be to do in FMP5? Everything is on one table right now.

Assuming that 'status' is a field then one way would be to use relationships and the Count()function.

Create a global field 'G_match'. Create a relationship between match and status. Call this relationship 'stat_count'

Create another field called stat_total. Set it to be an unstored calc field with the formula Count(statcount::anyfield that def.isn't empty).

If you now set G_match to 'a', stat_total will show you the number of status a's that you have. If you change G_match to 'b' stat_total will display the number of records that have 'b' in them.

If you want to see both at once you will have to repeat the same process with another global another relationship and another calc field then set one global to 'a' and one to 'b'

This might all seem a bit clinky but it will work in 5 as well.

HTH

Phil

Edited by Guest

• 4 weeks later...

This topic is 6329 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.