Toolbar? How Did They Do That?

Totes

This topic is 6303 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello Everyone,

I was just looking at an audit program someone posted here from nightwing.com.au and at the top of the toolbar, there is a text link for “Nightwing”. I did not see any program on their site which would allow this feature.

How did they get that there? I’ve looked over the custom menu section, but am unable to see any method for inserting an item such as this.

James

Edited by Guest

Hi James, and Welcome to the Forum.

Are you talking about the "About" Script?

If so, then it is just opening a second layout. If not, let us know what it is really doing, and also the name of Demo (i.e. Audit Tracking System) and the database file name (i.e. AuditTracker.fp7).

Lee

Hi LaRetta,

Your right of course ... the developer utility does also let you rename the "scripts" menu option.

What are you trying to achieve here ... surely with custom menu's in the Advanced version that you are running you have much more flexibility and can rename/customise any menus you like (exept the "FileMaker Pro" option)

Plus you can easily do this with Custom Menus... in Advanced

Hi Stuart, Yep. I just wanted to be sure people knew they could rename ScriptMaker anything they like - even before Custom Menus in vs. 8 - that's where this trick came from and why Ray's vs. 6 demos also have ScriptMaker name changed. So even with vs. 6 or 7, this one option is available to them. :wink2:

Well Stuart, you only need to say it once. ROFLAMO!

Understood. I just wanted everyone to know that, in Ray's demo, it wasn't done with Custom Menus. In fact, it shows nothing in Custom Menus for [scripts] on them; it might be confusing if someone thought Custom Menus handled it instead of Advanced. Custom Functions is surely the way to go now!

UPDATE: I deleted your extra post for you. :o^)

Edited by Guest

This topic is 6303 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.