Server Maintenance This Week. ×

how to display running clock in filemaker

This topic is 6306 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I suppose it would work, but the webviewer is much cleaner and appears "live", easy enough to build a flash doc to do it and have it sync with a web clock before starting or desktop if that's not available. I don't really see the need for a clock at all though... I mean it is on the user's desktop anyway but that's just me.

You're right that there probably isn't a need to be used that much but I could see some times it could come in handy.

Plus I like the simple things you can do with the time function, like this program I built awhile back just for fun (makes a great bedside clock on my laptop).

fm_clock.JPG

William

No biggie Ino, sometimes I forget to check the poster's version too. I am sure everyone has overlooked it one time or another.

Its a good demo though that may serve someone one day that may search these forums for a clock. So its a good thing.

ino, thanks much for the file u sent me. i have to use fm8 pro. our existing application is already developed on this version and im instructed to use this version only. btw sorry im seeing this mail just today as i just had access. i might be accessing everyday from now.

also thanks to mr.vodka for the foundationdbs.com link. hope that would be of much help for beginner like me.

i opened this file but it showed an unknown object in layout and shows nothing in preview. kindly help. do i have to do any extra settings or plugins? this is my first assignment in fm.

Edited by Guest

Rajesh,

sorry for my don’t reply on time, but I’m 100% shore that Fenton is right for using active clock in FileMaker 8.0

If you like to have it (active clock or other active things whether dat or ...) You must upgrade your filemaker pro 8 to 8.5 and then thru html + included JavaScript or thru Flash swf script (file) get active clock or something else.

Regards

Ino

i was in vacation for the harvest festival here in india.

Thanks for the info fenton and also for your site. It would be extremely useful for me as newbie.

Ino, thanks for the tip and the file too. i would try to open that in 8.5. but i cant use it in the project coz its fully developed in 8.0.

Edited by Guest

This topic is 6306 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.