Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Dynamic Labels [Finished-]

This topic is 5298 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Solution / ??? Dynamic Labels

Description: I have been playing with global calculations for a while and this the first fruit from that investigation.

This little example lets you change the language of the labels in your solution without scripting (other than on startup).

I think its pretty powerful stuff.

Have fun...

Working Under:

Solution Status: Finished

Pre-requisites: 8.5 untested in 8...

Author(s): Stuart Taylor

Date: 12/31/06

Credits:

Instructions / Other Info:

Disclaimer:

FM Forums does not endorse or warrantee these files are fit for any particular purpose. Do not post or distribute files without written approval from the copyright owner. All files are deemed public domain unless otherwise indictated. Please backup every file that you intend to modify.

Dynamic_Labels.fp7.zip

Picture_78.png

Edited by Guest
ALSO SEE POST BELOW

These are both great contributions ...

please understand my prime interest is exploring the global calc which makes your examples even more interesting for me.

daniele the relocation of the variables is very nice ... i will use it often.

comment the table method is very slick and a much better practice than the variable in this situation. (although the variable is fun)

many thanks

stuart

• 3 months later...
  • Newbies

Hi comment

Seems to be a great kind of implementing dynamic labels. I just try it out, but have the problem, that the labels do not get updated in the layouts when I add some new or just change their names even.

I cannot get hold of the trick to have automatic realtime updates. What am I missing?

Thanks for feedback

McYoda

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.