Server Maintenance This Week. ×

how to paste field contents from Next record

This topic is 6282 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello

I have a two table file. I would like to write a script that would pull the data from a field called "url" in the table "backgrounds" and place the text in a field called "web". The part I am having difficulty with is getting it to go to the next record the next time I acctivate the script and doing so with each click of the script by a button until it has copied and pasted each bit of data from the field "url" so that the related table will perform a lookup. Can someone help me. I simply want to click on a button and have the data from the next record copy and paste into the table "Customer" field "web" coming from the data in the table "Backgrounds" field "url" and with each click advance the process to copy from the next record. Is there any way to remember where it was at ?

Let me simplify my own post. I have attached a file to use as an example.

I have two tables in the file

TableA and TableB

In TableA there is a field called "info"

I need a script to copy the information in "info" and paste it into record 1 of table B - field "confirm"

The NEXT time I click on the script. I would like it to somehow remember which record was copied and go to the next record and copy from, in this case record 2.

So each time I click on the script it move to a new record and copies the new info to tableB to the same record replacing the info in it. and when it finishes the list it starts over.

Effectively each time I click on the script button it pastes different information - I will use this for look up information.

I have enclosed a sample file. Thanks

Daves_Problem.fp7.zip

This topic is 6282 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.