Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Sort items in a field

ShawnR

This topic is 6282 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a field with years (it is a text field) in it, ie: 1970, 1971, 1972 1973 and so on. I have it set up as a check box field so a user can select muliple years in the field. I then have a calc field that replaces the returns between the years selected with a slash / so it is displayed better on other layouts. The problem is, if the years are selected out of order, say 1972 then 1973 and then 1970, the calculation displays them in the order they were selected. Can I change the display order of the calculation to be in an assending order no matter what order they were selected in?

Thanks for any help.

Shawn

Thank you for the input. I can not seem to get this to work. Even if I just try

ValueListItems ( Get (FileName) ; "yourValueList" )

to see if it is getting the list of values, all I get is a question mark for the value. Could this be due to my value list being values from a field in another table?

Thanks

Shawn

Yes, another table of the same file. The name of the value list is "Product Years".

The other table only has one field, which is the year. I was doing it from a field to make it more easy for a user to add other years when needed. However it seems that I will not be able to do it that way.

Shawn

Something doesn't up here. The calculation field should be in the same table as the checkbox field - so no related fields are used in the formula, and it CAN be stored. Sourcing the values from a field in another table is irrelevant.

Of course, any searches, etc. should be performed on the "real" data, i.e. the checkbox.

This topic is 6282 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.