Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Displaying FMPro script generated #

This topic is 8667 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I used a CDML tag to activate the FMPro script in my database. The number that the script generates isn't being displayed in the field on the New Record page in my browser. I know the script is working because the number shows up in the database and on the Search Results page in my browser. However, when I activate the script I would like to see the number when it is created. Any suggetions as to what I'm doing wrong, or ideas as to how to get the number to display? Here's the code I have:

<INPUT TYPE=text NAME="Tape Number" VALUE="" SIZE=30>

<INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="-db" VALUE="The Tracker">

<INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="-lay" VALUE="Create Tapes">

<INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="-script" VALUE="Tape Number">

<INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="-format" VALUE="new_reply.htm">

<INPUT TYPE="button" NAME="-view" VALUE="New Tape Number">

If I am reading your code properly, your script is named the same as the field into which you are entering a number value. That should not matter, I'm just trying to get clear.

The one line of code which does trouble me is your -db is named "The Tracker". I believe that your -db requires a 3 character ending. I also understand that you should not use spaces in you -db name. ( "The_Tracker.fp3") In FMPro 4.0v3 I am using .fp3. I believe that FMPro 5.+ requires the use of .fp5. I am not positive about that, but it has been working for me, so you may want to try renaming (gaaaah) your -db files. If you do, check your scripts.

The other possibility which occurs to me is that your -db calculation results, depending on what you are trying to accomplish, could require conversion (through a calculation) to a display field. If that is the case, Maria Langer's book, Database Publishing with FileMaker Pro on the Web, starting around page 316, should prove useful.

Peace

Keith M. Davie

• 3 weeks later...

The -script tag peforms the script *after* the record is found and sorted. That could be the problem. Try the -Script.PreFind or -Script.PreSort tags. Their action is explained by their names...

This topic is 8667 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.