Attaching more than one file to email

This topic is 6263 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am using the *send Email* script step in FM 8.5. Here is the situation...

I have a file that contains a bunch of reports. As reports get completed, a script makes a PDF file of the report and stores it in a designated folder.

I am trying to make a script that will create an email that contains all the pdf's that were made that week. I got the whole thing working except I can't figure out how to attach more than one file to the email...

The pdf's are named after a product code in the report, so I need to use a variable in the file path to pick up the files and attach them to the email. So in the *specify file dialogue box* I've got a file path to one of the files, similar to this...

filewin://engServer/FoReports/$filename

That works fine, but if I have 3 files to attach that are named...

Report7878.pdf

Report6698.pdf

Report4593.pdf

Is there a way to reference all three in the specify file dialogue box so that all three files can be attached to the email??

I'm probably making this to complicated...

Thanks in advance for any replies...

I don't think there is. I also wanted to do this at one time and eventually gave up. You could use a plug-in to zip the files into a single file and then attach the zip file but short of that, I don't think FM can do it natively. I would love to be proven wrong.

This topic is 6263 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.