Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Need help with a percentage calculation

This topic is 6279 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm sure this is going to be a "duh" when I get the answer, but I'm having total brain lock on this one.

I have a summary report of therapist stats subdivided by month, with summary fields totaling how many notes were rejected by supervisor, rejected by QA, were unbillable, etc. There is also a calc field, note_problem, which returns 1 if any of the various possible problems is present in a given note.

I want a summary of what percentage of their notes for the month have problems. For example, if a therapist did 50 notes in January, and 12 of them had problems, the Percent_Problems field would return 24%.

Fiddling around with summary fields and the Sum function has gotten me nowhere. Help!

make a calc field and divide summary total of problems by summary total of notes, set format of field to percent.

This works great (and is what I did) if I just want a percent for all problem notes in general, but I want it for each individual therapist for each individual month. Right now my report has the exact same percentage (the percentage for all therapists for all found records) on each line.

I don't think that would work well, considering that relationships ignore found sets, and that the sub-summary is by month.

Try a calculation field =

Get Summary ( sCountProblems ; cMonth ) / Get Summary ( sCountNotes ; cMonth )

Thanks so much -- that did the trick!! :

This topic is 6279 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.