Server Maintenance This Week. ×

New Record Refused - Netscape Incompatibility?

This topic is 8667 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I've set up an online database using FMP 5 and CDML. It works just dandy with Microsoft Internet Explorer, but I've run into a problem with Netscape Navigator (tested with verison 4.7).

When I try to submit a new record using Netscape, I get the following JavaScript Application error message:

File Access Restriction:

You do not have access privileges to perform the action: new

Weird things are:

1. It works fine with MS IE.

2. If I use Netscape and the Instant Web Portal, I *am* permitted to enter a new record. So, seemingly I *do* have access privileges.

The HTML/CDML code I'm using for the SUBMIT button is:

INPUT TYPE=submit NAME="-New" VALUE="Add Data"

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Some hard core de-bugging is required.

Do the action in Internet Explorer. Actually, don't do it, just get to the page that has the "Add data" button on it. Now, print out this page's html source.

Do exactly the same in Netscape Navigator: get to the page that has the "Add data" button on it and print out this page's html source.

Compare the two sets of pages, especially the code in the forms. What is different? What is the same? Work from there.

--

Other ideas:

Configure Web Companion for "extended log activity." Try the actions again then sift through the log to see *exactly* what code Web Companion is seeing, and what if any error messages it is producing.

--

IE has a nasty habit of re-using pages from the cache. It may be using an old version of the page that worked, while Netscape is using a new version that has changes that broke it. Delete the cache, reload the page.

--

Check for spaces in file names in the CDML. make sure that any file names used in urls and forms have the "URL" option set...

[FMP-Field: fieldname, url]

This topic is 8667 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.