Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Relationship inconsistency

soulicious

This topic is 6267 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm probably overlooking something obvious, but I can't figure out why my relationship pulls in the data from the related table correctly unless the field I'm pulling in contains a mix of letters and numbers, even though all fields are "text" fields. In this case I just get a "?".

The setup is simple. I have two tables with a simple many to one relationship (the second table has a list of values I use in a value list on the main table; hence many to one).

I have two fields in the main table: Description and DX. The Description field uses a drop list for input, and the DX field is set up to auto-enter the related DX info from the related table when the Description field is changed. It works great for DXs that look like this "186.6", but not when they look like this "V029.9".

Any ideas? Please let me know if you need more info. I'm attaching a sample of the file for any sleuths who like solving mysteries.

:

ChargeEntry_Link_Problem.zip

Edited by Guest
Spelling

You are getting a question mark because you are trying to evaluate "V09.80".

What is the purpose of this calcuation? Why are you not just referencing the related field or in case you need to store a copy of its value, using a lookup.

Mr. Vodka.... you da man! A round of Grey Goose on me!

I thought I tried just referencing it before, bu the result gave me problems. That's why I tried using "Evaluate". But when I got rid of "Evaluate" right now, it worked fine.

Not sure where I went wrong originally to lead me down that road, but I appreciate the help.

Sol

This topic is 6267 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.