Calculated result only shows up in one record

This topic is 5698 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

I have a table with a large number of records, and a field called "result". Result can have one of 8 different possible values. I would like to create a field that automatically adds up how many records in the table have value1, value2, ... value8 in the field "result".

So, I created a global field for each potential value in the field result (g_value1, g_value2, ...g_value8) , created 8 additional instances of the table, and linked them to the original table by relating the "g_valueX" fields to "result" in the original table. I then created fields that count all records, calculated from the perspective of table instance 2, instance 3, ...instance 8.

The problem: The solution seems to work correctly, but the 8 count_records fields only have entries when I am looking at the last record in the original table. If I go to any other record, the fields are blank. Why is this, and is there any way to fix it? I think I have to trigger the calculation to occur in all records, but I am not quite sure if this is the problem, or how to do it.

Any thoughts welcome.

Many thanks.

This topic is 5698 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.