Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Auto-enter in portals

ktalent1

This topic is 6267 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

In layout "Video Data Entry" I have a portal to table "Video Data." In that table, I have a field "Date" that I have set to auto-complete from "Value of last visited record." Unfortunately, it doesn't work. Can anyone tell me why? (I've attached a picture of the "Video Data Entry" layout if needed). Thanks!

Andrew

Portal.jpg

What date are you trying to get to auto-populate? I dont think that getting from last record is the way that you should be approaching this.

I'm trying to get the date from the most recently entered record because somewhere between 70 and 180 consecutive records will have the same date. This actually points to a bigger problem I'm having, which is that my portal is not recognizing any auto-enter options I select for a field. The second example is for the behavior field. If a behavior is "FON" (Female getting on a nest), then the next behavior MUST be "FOFF" (Female leaving a nest). So I set up a calculation that automatically makes the "Behavior" field "FOFF" if the previous record is "FON." It works great if I am in the "Video Data" table, but if I am accessing it through the portal in the "Video Data Entry" layout, it doesn't work.

This topic is 6267 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.